The Mohammed V Foundation for Solidarity was established and inaugurated by His Majesty King Mohammed VI in 1999. It was recognized as a public utility entity under a Decree issued on 21 Rabi I, 1420 H/5 July, 1999. Guided by its motto “Ready to help the needy”, it has been involved, jointly with other social players, in the fight against poverty.
The Mohammed V Foundation for Solidarity enjoys consultative status at the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
Fields of action:
- Humanitarian field: relief to victims of natural disasters, providing food support especially during the holy month of Ramadan, welcoming and attending to Moroccan nationals living abroad, supporting NGO programs.
- Reaching out to vulnerable people: launching or fitting out social work centers, centers for the advancement of women, hostels and boarding houses for children and homes for the elderly, hostels for young girls, student hostels, facilities to attend to the handicapped and to provide for their training and their integration, sports complexes and other facilities for coaching and for supervising young people involved in social and cultural activities, building health care centers and providing equipment for public hospitals …
- Sustainable development: improving basic infrastructure, literacy, informal education, vocational training, developing activities and setting up sustainable income generating units, particularly for women in rural areas.
- Support to NGOs: Providing financial and logistical support for NGOs sharing the Foundation’s objectives and values.
Projects or programs (up to the end of 2008):
- 561 social centers
- 92 sustainable development programs
- 4 hospitals, 3 of which in specialized medical fields
- 13 health centers or birth centers
- 48 equipped regional hospitals
- 188 medical assistance programs
- 29 humanitarian operations
- 29 training courses
- 31 social engineering projects
- Ramadan operation
- Marhaba operation, welcoming the Moroccan Community Abroad
More than 3 million beneficiaries
- 1500 disabled people are taken care of in the relevant centers
- 30,000 orphans, abandoned or needy children are sheltered in our social centers
- 200,000 people in need have benefited from the “medical caravan for solidarity” campaign
- 244.000 pupils are provided with school bags and stationery every year (three-year program)
- 25,000 pupils in the High and Middle Atlas regions benefit yearly from support in terms of food and clothing (three-year program)
- 7.000 students (boys and girls) are accommodated in student hostels and boarding schools
- 2,500 youngsters have been accepted to receive training courses at the vocational training centers
- 40,000 children and youngsters are receiving educational, cultural and sport training courses
- 1500 women benefit from services provided by socio-educational and training centers
- 150,000 people have benefited from sustainable development-related programs (small loans, support for craftsmen, rural guest houses, women’s cooperatives, drinking water supply, electricity, road construction, etc)
- 2.3 million people (widows, elderly and disabled people) benefit yearly from food supply, particularly in the period of Ramadan
- About 2 million Moroccans living abroad have access to the Foundation’s assistance services during the Marhaba campaign
MAD 3.3billion disbursed or earmarked for projects achieved or underway since the Foundation’s creation